Shows 8 /10

Coverage 7.5 /10

Viewership 9.2 /10

New Shows 8.5 /10



ESPNews is a satellite television and digital cable network specializing in sports. It was founded by ESPN Inc., with 80% owned by The Walt Disney Company and the remaining 20% by Hearst Communications. It offers up-to-date information on a wide range of sporting events and games from across the USA. Viewers can enjoy top news stories, analyses, highlights, interviews, live press conferences and more. For those who are after the latest sports news, statistics and scores, ESPNews is an option worth considering due to the vast amount of coverage and content it offers.

The network was established in 1986, and only offered rolling news to begin with. However, in 2010, it started to diversify its content. It now offers a range of studio programs, overflow event programs and ESPN Radio show simulcasts. It’s available in over 62 million households in the US who have pay television,  and it’s also available to stream online on computers, gaming consoles, TVs and more.

Channel Guide

The channel offers round-the-clock content where viewers will gain access to the latest news as well as get their sports fix whenever they like. ESPNews’ main programs include various sports-talk radio shows, such as Golic and Wingo, The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz, and The Will Cain Show. There’s also the long-running SportsCenter, which is many people’s go-to show for the latest updates from the world of sports, and First Take, Your Take, which is new for 2020. The latter is an interactive show that focuses on debates and current conversations in the world of sports.

The channel unsurprisingly sees its biggest viewership figures during top sporting events such as the Superbowl. Roughly three-quarters of the channel’s viewers are men and around two-fifths of its viewers are within the 35 to 54 age group. Nearly three-quarters are homeowners and nearly half are college-educated.

How to Stream ESPNews Without Cable

Sling TV

  • New users get a $10 saving on their first month and access to Showtime, STARZ and EPIX for 30 days
  • Pay just $40 a month for the Sling Orange Sports Extra package
  • Offers some local networks in certain areas
  • Comes with a range of 30 channels
  • Watch streams in HD

Hulu Live TV

  • 7-day free trial
  • Costs $55 a month for the Hulu Live TV package
  • Package includes lots of major sports networks
  • Includes Hulu Originals (films, scripted and non-scripted TV shows)
  • Many other available channels include CNN, Discovery, E!, History, and MSNBC
  • Offers high-quality 1080p streams
  • Allows 2 users to stream simultaneously
  • Includes 50 hours Cloud DVR (can upgrade to 200 hours with skippable ads for an extra $14.99 a month)
  • With the upgrade, users can benefit from unlimited devices at home and up to 3 while out of the house
  • Compatible with a wide range of devices


  • Costs $80 a month for the MAX package
  • Offers 40 channels, including CNN, E!, MSNBC and Paramount Network
  • Offers 500 hours of Cloud DVR storage
  • 4K streams available
  • Up to 3 users can stream simultaneously
  • Compatible devices include Amazon TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iPad, iPhone, Android handheld devices, Samsung Smart TV, and web browsers

YouTube TV

  • Costs $50 a month for the YouTube TV package
  • Offers up to 60 channels
  • 4K streams on offer
  • 3 users can stream at once
  • Unlimited Cloud DVR
  • Compatible devices include Android TV, Android handheld devices, Google Chromecast, iPad, iPhone, AirPlay, Xbox and web browsers

Recent News

Subscribe For The Latest News