This reality show airs on TLC and sees brides-to-be attempting to find their dream wedding dress.
There are several spinoffs (more on those below), with the main series set at Kleinfeld Bridal in Manhattan.
The show has been airing since 2007, and is currently into its 19th season.
Say Yes To The Dress sees brides-to-be, accompanied by an entourage of family and friends, try to find their perfect wedding dress. They’re helped by the experts at Kleinfeld Bridal, perhaps most famously Randy Fenoli.
The show and its spinoffs frequently see family dramas, both self-conscious and opinionated brides, and members of the entourage set on a particular style of dress – which the bride may not agree with.
When the bride picks a dress, she’s dressed up with jewellery, the accompanying veil and even has her hair styled. If the bride likes her appearance, she announces that she is saying yes to the dress.
Cast and characters
Along with the brides of each show, the main cast includes:
- Randy Fenoli
- Mara Urshel
- Ronald Rothstein
- Dorothy Silver
- Nicole Sacco
- Nitsa Glezelis
- Joan Roberts
- Camille Coffey
- Vera Skenderis
- Audrey Pisani
- Keasha Rigsby
- Debbie Asprea
- Roger Craig Smith
Kleinfeld Bridal can be found at 110 W 20th St, New York, NY. Located in Manhattan, the store supplies beautiful bridal gowns.
We see the brides in the dressing room preparing to put on their choice of dresses, as well as showing them off to family and friends on the shop floor.
As for Say Yes To The Dress Atlanta, this is filmed at Bridals by Lori in Atlanta – which is also the setting for Say Yes To The Dress: Bridesmaids.
Say Yes To The Dress Lancashire takes place in the UK, at the Ava Rose Hamilton boutique.
Other spinoffs have been filmed in Australia, Ireland, Malaysia, Canada and Benelux.
Brides apply to be featured on the show and can spend hours recording their appearance. It’s been reported by a bride that producers deliberately try to encourage drama among the entourage, and it’s also been said that producers choose the members of the entourage based on the bride’s application.
The show isn’t scripted, but the same bride revealed that the crew on the show might ask them to repeat things in a different way. However, Randy only likes to talk while the cameras are rolling, so everything captured is natural.
Pnina Tornai is the only designer to have an in-house boutique on the show, which is why her gowns appear so often.
Kleinfeld has a huge storeroom packed with dresses, and the consultant will do their best to pick the perfect dress based on the bride’s description of what she’s looking for.
Episodes and reception
Say Yes To The Dress has a number of spinoffs:
- Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta – takes place at Bridals by Lori in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Say Yes To The Dress: Bridesmaids – also at Bridals by Lori, and focusing on bridesmaids.
- Say Yes To The Dress: Monte’s Take – a weekly podcast with Monte from the Atlanta version of the show.
- Say Yes To The Dress: Big Bliss – focusing on plus-sized brides.
- Say Yes To The Dress: Randy Knows Best – hosted by Randy Fenoli.
- Randy to the Rescue – in a reversal of the show, Randy travels to the brides for their consultations.
- Say Yes To The Dress: Australia
- Say Yes To The Dress: UK
- Say Yes To The Dress: Ireland
- Say Yes To The Dress: Asia
- Say Yes To The Dress: Benelux
- Say Yes To The Dress: Wedding SOS – this is a makeover-style show.
- Say Yes To The Dress: Canada
- Say Yes To The Dress: America – a special series where Randy Fenoli officiated the weddings of 52 couples from each state in America, as well as Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C.
Say Yes To The Dress is currently in its 19th season.
The show is very popular, with clips on YouTube frequently gaining many opinionated comments.
As for reviews, these vary – but on the whole Say Yes To The Dress is well-received.
Watch this series right now.
- Enjoy a seven day free trial
- Watch titles live and on demand
- A comprehensive live TV package across news, sports, entertainment and more