Welcome to Plathville is a popular TLC reality series which is in its second season as of November 2020. It first made its debut in 2019 and focuses on an unconventional family who don’t use the influence of social media or the outside world in their everyday lives.
Similar shows which TLC has featured on its content roster in the past include Outdaughtered, Doubling Down With The Derricos and Counting On. This set of family is located in Georgia, living on a 5 acre farm.
The family are known for being devoutly religious, pointing to it as the influence which is responsible for creating their large, close-knit family. Parents Kim and Barry describe how they regularly ‘seek God on major life decisions as well as the minor day to day choices.’
This reality series focuses on the Plath family, which comprises 11 members residing on a farm which they describe as their own ‘slice of heaven’. The children have been encouraged to focus on music, farming and other more wholesome activities as opposed to those revolving around technology.
That said, the family does not cut itself off from the world at large. Some may even have heard of the Plaths, as they are known on the Southern Gospel band circuit with their own touring act. Hosanna, the eldest daughter, managed to meet her husband Timothy Noble at a music event. The pair now tour as a duo.
The family is made up of Ethan, 22, Hosanna, 21, Micah, 19, Moriah, 17, Isaac, 14, Amber, 11, Cassia, 9 and Mercy, 7. Barry works as a transportation planner, while Kim majored in music therapy before going into work as a naturopathic doctor.
Those watching the show may not see Hosanna on the family residence too often – this is because she relocated to Ohio to be with her husband Timothy.
Cast and characters
Ethan Daniel Plath
Moriah Jasper Plath
Lydia Joy Plath
Joshua Samuel Plath
Mercy Shalom Plath
The name Joshua Plath may be referenced on occasion, and the story behind this member of the Plath family is a tragic one. In 2008, Kim wrote about how she accidentally ran over her 17 month old son and he died in hospital. She struggled for eight months before being ‘healed by God’ during Mother’s Day Weekend. She said that ‘I can’t explain it other than He rewrote the bad coding in my brain’.
The family is located in Georgia, residing in a suburban residence just outside Cairo. This location is in southwest Georgia, making up part of Grady County. Those who are close to Florida or Georgia will know that it’s on the state line, and it is also a 34 minute drive north to get to Tallahassee.
Cairo is a small town, comprising just under 10,000 residents. By comparison, nearby town Thomasville has nearly twice this population.
Episodes and reception
As with any reality show, particularly one which focuses on an unconventional family, there has been a lot of controversy and criticism about what really goes on behind the scenes. For example, rumours have flown around that the Plath family do not live in the property shown on the series full time – as it has been allegedly spotted on Airbnb for rental at $100 a night.
Furthermore, Barry and Kim have struggled with Ethan’s wife Olivia in the past. In one heated set of comments on Instagram, Olivia claimed that Ethan’s parents manipulated them into appearing on the show by saying Ethan would get to see his estranged siblings if they would participate.
Watch this show right now
It's available for streaming tonight.
- Enjoy a seven day free trial
- Watch titles live and on demand
- A comprehensive live TV package across news, sports, entertainment and more
With fuboTV you can enjoy a wide range of platform support, which means it’s unlikely you’ll need to find an alternative device compared to the one you regularly use. An added plus is that you can watch fuboTV on the go with a mobile device, and if you would prefer to kick back and relax at home with the TV, you can stream the service this way too. Those who want to use a web browser can easily do this, or you can watch fuboTV channels on your tablet. In other words, you can use an Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku or Chromecast if you have one of these, or you can go for streaming via Android and iOS mobile devices. PCs, Macs and other computers will work if you want to stream fuboTV in a browser app, too, so you are spoilt for choice.
Channels available on fuboTV
With the fuboTV Standard package, you can expect channels such as:
- NFL Network
- beIN Sports
- Pac-12 Networks
- BBC America
- Food Network
- Fox News Channel
- History Channel
- USA Network
- CBS Sports Network
- Big Ten Network
- NBC Golf
- Olympic Channel
- Hallmark Channel
- Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- Hallmark Drama
- Sundance TV
- WLNY 1055
- Travel Channel
- Comedy Central
- Nick Jr
- Paramount Network
- TV Land
- Animal Planet
- Cartoon Network
- Adult Swim
- Cheddar Business
- Fox Business
- The Weather Channel
- Local Now
- Uni Mas
- Cozi TV
- Get TV
- Pop TV
- Smithsonian Channel
- Universal Kids
- Fubo Sports Network
How to sign up for fuboTV
- Navigate to the homepage and click on ‘Start your free trial’.
- Enter your postal code. If your location can be detected by your device, this will be entered automatically, and you can change it if it’s incorrect.
- Enter your email and create a password. Make it difficult to guess, which means including a mixture of letters, numbers and special characters.
- Be aware that pressing ‘Continue’ means you agree to the terms and conditions, and agree to receive promotional emails – then click the icon.
- Choose a package. You can go for Fubo Standard, Ultra, Family or Family Deluxe. The benefits of each package will be listed, so you know what’s included. If you’re a new customer, you will be able to watch 7 days free with no commitment and the option to cancel anytime.
- Add premium channels or upgraded features.
- Enter your card details and click on ‘Start watching fuboTV’ to process the payment and complete your purchase. You now have access to your selected library of content.
How to cancel fuboTV
- Click on ‘Menu’, located in the top right of the page.
- Click on ‘My Account’, which should be the first option on the drop down list.
- Click on ‘Subscription and Billing’, located on the left hand side.
- Scroll down, then click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- Select your reason for cancelling. Reasons include ‘I experienced technical issues’ or ‘You don’t have channels I want’.
- Click ‘Cancel my trial’ when a popup appears asking if you’re sure you want to lose access to fuboTV.
- If you have paid for a month of service, your subscription will end once the current billing period is over.
Watch over 100 live channels with no hidden fees.
Claim your free trial offer now.