Features available with Hulu Live TV
- There is a Cloud DVR featured with Hulu Live TV, and it has 50 hours of recording space. Individual episodes of a show cannot be recorded; it’s only possible to record an entire series. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to fast forward through commercials. The Enhanced DVR add-on costs $14.99 a month and lets you upgrade to 200 hours of recording space, plus the ability to skip through commercials.
- Two screens can operate at once. In other words, this platform allows users to run two simultaneous streams. These don’t have to be on the same kind of device either. One option you have in this area is to upgrade to have unlimited screens and three mobile screens. This add on is priced at $14.99 a month.
- Access to the full on-demand streaming library, which usually means you will be able to watch full seasons from the majority of the main networks. Original content such as Handmaid’s Tale can also be accessed.The ads can be very long, lasting around 3 minutes, but you can remove commercials for an additional $4 per month.
- There are TV Everywhere logins available for apps on 14 channels.
- Kids Mode available so parental controls can be activated. To do this, create a user profile which has Kids Mode enabled.
With Hulu TV, you can enjoy high definition television which is on par with other streaming services on the market. Furthermore, you’re highly unlikely to have an issue with the live streaming itself, as playback issues are rarely reported. The live content itself is around 30 seconds behind cable, which isn’t unusual compared with other services. In terms of quality, streams are at least 720p, and many of the channels have the capability of streaming at a framerate of 60FPS. Additionally, Hulu Live TV adapts the quality of the stream to match your internet connection so that playback interruptions such as lag and buffering are reduced. All television content features standard stereo audio, and switching channels is estimated to take around 3.5 seconds on average.
Hulu Live TV user experience
There are several good points to make about the user experience with Hulu Live TV. For example, the high quality design of the apps makes it easy for users to navigate to both live and on demand television. Furthermore, all platforms which are compatible with Hulu Live TV will load up a standard channel guide, so there is no need for confusion and learning a new setup whenever you switch devices. The search bar brings up accurate results, and if you missed the beginning of a show on a live channel, you will usually be able to rewind it to the start. When you load up the Hulu Live TV home screen, you will view a curated lineup of all the content you are most likely to enjoy watching, along with the channels you stream the most often. Upon loading up the TV guide, you will be able to see what’s on and shows which are coming up at a glance, plus set up recordings to the DVR system. When you use the search bar, the results are grouped into different categories – Top Results, Movies and Episodes. This saves scrolling through unrelated search results. When you want to view more information about each show, you will be able to see high quality visuals, plus a description of each episode, whether it’s available live, coming up or in the on demand library.
Available channels with Hulu Live TV
There are many channels available with Hulu Live TV, as detailed below:
- The CW
- Cartoon Network
- Disney Channel
- Disney Junior
- Food Network
- Fox News
- Investigation Discovery
- Travel Channel
- USA Network
- Fox Sports 1
- Fox Sports 2
- NBC Sports Network
- ACC Network
- Big Ten Network
- CBS Sports Network
- SEC Network
- Golf Channel
- Olympic Channel
Premium channels are available at an additional cost:
- Cinemax – $9
- HBO – $15
- Showtime – $11
- Starz – $9
Hulu Live TV on phone and tablet apps
Accessing your Hulu Live TV account on a phone or tablet app lets you see a lineup of live, recorded and on demand content based on what you most like to watch. This information will partially be based on the profile you created upon signing up, where you detailed which channels you liked best, plus your favorite shows and sports teams. There is also a feature on the apps called Live Guide, which means users will be able to navigate to live content much more easily while on the go. When accessing the Live Guide, this will essentially be a video player in portrait mode, with a guide in grid form placed underneath. By turning your screen horizontally, you will be able to play the live channel in full screen mode.
Hulu Live TV provides customers with the best of both worlds if they are a fan of content from this platform – not only can they watch live TV from a number of channels and enjoy features such as a top notch user interface, excellent streaming quality and DVR recording, they will be able to access the full streaming library of on-demand content. Whether you just want to watch your favorite show every weeknight or keep the TV on in the background, there’s an option for you. There is also the ability to add premium channels and add-ons to your service, so it can be tailor made to suit your exact needs. In other words, Hulu Live TV is a worthy contender on the streaming services market.