FandangoNOW is a streaming service which offers over 100,000 movies and TV shows for users to rent and buy. Titles include new releases which aren’t typically seen on competitor platforms such as Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime Video. No subscription is needed, as products are purchased on a pay as you go basis.
See our full list of the best streaming services to find the right streaming service for you.
Pros and Cons
Earn points with Fandango VIP. The system means you will be able to redeem free movies after gathering enough points.
Pre-order movies to watch the moment they’re released. Don’t miss out on the latest releases with this feature.
No subscription required. Movies and shows are paid for individually, so there is no monthly or annual fee to keep on top of.
Customer service issues. Some users have complained online that customer service representatives do not assist them to the extent they would have liked.
Confusing promo codes. A few users online have expressed confusion about how to use the promo codes which are sent out.
Technical issues. Some people have experienced problems with loading up pages on the website when purchasing a movie or TV show.
Types of content available
The titles on FandangoNOW are divided into movies and TV shows. There are sub categories under each type. For example, movies have sub categories such as drama, comedy, action and horror, while TV shows could be reality TV, health & wellness, kids or crime.
Top FandangoNOW TV shows and movies
- The Princess Bride – A family film about a young woman whose one true love must find her and save her.
- Trolls World Tour – Poppy and Branch work to save the troll tribes dedicated to various music genres from Queen Barb and King Thrash.
- Spies in Disguise – A super spy and scientist are total opposites, but they are forced to work together to save the world.
- The Invisible Man – A man who stages his own death stalks and terrorises his ex girlfriend, who takes matters into her own hands.
- Bad Boys For Life – A Mexican drug lord’s wife and son set out to murder those who contributed to his trial and prison sentence.
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills – Wealthy women living a decadent lifestyle share their lives on camera.
- Survivor – A reality series which sees castaways compete against each other to become the Sole Survivor.
- Riverdale – Archie, Jughead, Veronica and Betty are plunged into a world of crime and mystery in the Archie Comics-inspired series.
- 9-1-1 – A drama which focuses on the world of first responders, such as police officers, firefighters and dispatchers.
- The Bachelor: Listen To Your Heart – The spin-off series sees 20 bachelors and bachelorettes go on dates which have a music focus.
The user interface for FandangoNOW is bright and fairly intuitive. Users have many options when they click onto the site homepage. There is a slider showcasing recent releases, which they can choose to purchase. Alternatively, they can browse movies or TV shows by genre, or scroll through the latest releases and episodes.
There are also options to sign in, join the VIP scheme, purchase a gift card and pre-order selected titles.
Plans and Pricing
How to watch and setup requirements
FandangoNOW is compatible with a wide range of devices. 4K UHD and premium HDR content is available on smart TVs and streaming players for TV – including Samsung, LG, Vizio, Hisense, Roku, Sony and Android.
Fire TV, Nvidia, ChromeCast and Portal are also compatible. Apple and Android phones and tablets are compatible, including iPhones and iPads. Oculus and laptops or PCs will work with FandangoNOW, too.
To stream content in standard definition, an internet connection of at least 3Mbps is recommended. For HD titles, at least 5Mbps is advised.
How to cancel FandangoNOW
There is no need to cancel FandangoNOW, as there is no subscription to shut down. Rentals will expire, and purchases will remain with you.
Plans, trials and subscription options
There is no free trial, monthly or annual plan for FandangoNOW, as the platform is not a subscription service. Instead, there are various prices applied to individual titles in the movie and TV shows departments. New releases will generally be priced at around $5.99 for HD and $4.99 for SD. Movies which are still in cinemas can cost between $6.99 and $19.99. As for TV shows, seasons can be bought for prices like $17.99.
There are a number of destinations to buy newly released movies and TV shows, plus titles which aren’t available on subscription based streaming services. One of FandangoNOW’s main competitors will be Redbox, which has a very similar offering. Generally speaking, as purchases are made individually, it’s simply a case of seeing which platform has the best deal for your title of choice at any given time.
Is FandangoNOW worth it?
FandangoNOW seems to be a solid destination for renting or purchasing movies and TV shows. The site is engaging and well designed, with a huge selection of popular titles to choose from. The ability to earn points in the VIP club and pre-order titles adds appeal to the platform, so there is no reason why this service shouldn’t continue to grow in popularity for years to come.
How to sign up to FandangoNOW
- Click on a title.
- Select whether you want it in 4K UHD, HD or SD (options may vary).
- Sign up for a VIP account by entering your email address and a password.
- Enter payment details.
- Start streaming!