Cheddar is a live news network which was founded by Jon Steinberg. Focusing on financial topics, it broadcasts live from the New York Stock Exchange, the Flatiron Building, NASDAQ and even the White House.
The Channel has one paid feed and a free version, too. The paid option comes with 8 hours of programming each day, with 6 of them live. The free feed offers only 3 hours of new content each day. Archived content is available over the air via affiliated stations and through Facebook, which means users can easily stay up to date.
The Cheddar network was founded in 2016 and focuses on news in the financial, technology, health and science industries, to name but a few. In 2018, Cheddar launched its second live streaming channel, Cheddar Big News. This channel focuses on fast-paced, independent news and targets a younger audience. This second channel from Cheddar is available on several streaming platforms, including Philo, AT&T TV NOW, Sling TV and YouTube TV.
Cheddar Big News focuses on all of the biggest news which is taking place across the world. Besides covering the latest on topics such as the US President and the economy, this channel will cover anything from weather and animals to science.
The channel premiered on YouTube TV and was then extended to other streaming services. The first integrated sponsor for the network was Coca-Cola.
The coverage on Cheddar Big News is similar to what CNN’s Headlines News offered, meaning that it essentially revolves around the most important national and world news. The content on this live channel will include reports, press releases, politics, headline news, and a lot more. Besides, it will also cover sports, science, wellness, health, positive stories, travel, and so on.
Cheddar Big News focuses on interesting stories from local and international communities with an emphasis on top news. The founder stated that they cover the important news of the day, but they do not integrate excessive expert political analysis.
How to Stream Cheddar Big News Without Cable
- Costs $20 per month and comes with more than 55 channels, including Cheddar Big News
- An extensive on-demand library is also available
- User-friendly interface
- Many platforms support Philo, from Windows and Mac PCs to iOS and Android devices
- You can stream content on up to three devices at once
- There is a 7 day free trial available
- One of the oldest streaming platforms
- Affordable plans starting from $20 per month for access to 32 channels
- Besides Cheddar Big News, Sling TV comes with other popular channels such as ESPN and Bloomberg, among others
- Sling TV works on a multitude of platforms, such as Fire TV, computers, mobiles, and Roku
- There are over 70,000 on-demand videos available
- Provides subscribers with more than 70 channels
- The standard subscription plan costs $50 per month
- Includes over 8 premium entertainment channels
- Permits multiple simultaneous streams
- Unlimited Cloud DVR storage
- Supports more than one user account per subscription
- 14 day free trial available
- Multiple platforms are compatible with this platform
- Voice control is available
- Supports voice control via Google Assistant
- Subscription plans start from $49.99, providing access to over 65 channels and HBO Now free in the first year
- Includes 500 GB of Cloud DVR storage
- Easy setup and a user-friendly interface
- Comes with live TV, entertainment channels and more than 40,000 titles available for on-demand viewing
- Full refund within 14 days if the subscriber returns the equipment