CMT (Country Music Television) is an American channel that is owned by ViacomCBS. It was founded in 1983 and it was the first channel that consisted of only country music videos. Its programming also includes specials and biographies of country artists. Since then, CMT has expanded its offering to include reality and lifestyle programming, shifting away from country music.
CMT is one of the oldest music networks, as it appeared after MTV and VH1. It was founded by Glenn Daniels, and he was the first president of the network. These days, CMT is known for offering music videos, reality shows, and even some fictional series. The network also airs some popular shows and even holds music awards to celebrate and reward the best performers in country music.
While you can access it on cable television, the channel can also be watched via one of the many streaming services that support CMT. The channel is a popular choice, as it reached approximately 92 million US households in 2018.
The primary focus of CMT is country music, but the content seen in day to day programming is not this limited. The channel broadcasts reality and lifestyle shows, with top titles including America’s Funniest Home Videos and Last Man Standing.
Some of the main titles on CMT include original southern reality and lifestyle shows, so it has a general entertainment focus that is not tied to country music so much anymore. It also has a daily music schedule that includes a music video block. One example of shows available during the early morning hours include CMT Hot Twenty, which can be enjoyed every weekend morning. Music videos are traditionally broadcast during morning and night hours.
How to Stream CMT Without Cable
- Costs just $20 per month for over 55 channels, including CMT and other similar networks
- The on-demand library offers access to numerous titles
- Comes with a straightforward user interface
- Supported by several device types, including computers and mobile phone models
- Provides simultaneous streaming on up to three devices
- A 7 day free trial is available
- Comes with many sports channels, live TV streaming, music channels and a vast on-demand library
- Users can stream on up to two devices at the same time
- Additional streaming lines are available for $5.99 per month
- Supports voice control via Google Assistant
- Monthly plans start from $49.99 and provide access to over 65 channels
- HBO Now is offered for free in the first year
- Up to 500 GB of Cloud DVR storage available
- Quick setup and a straightforward interface
- Provides live TV, music channels such as CMT and 40,000 titles for on-demand viewing
- Refunds are paid in full within 14 days after a user cancels the subscription and returns the equipment
- One of the oldest streaming services in the industry
- Subscription plans start from $20 and provide access to more than 32 channels
- Many music, entertainment, and sports channels are provided – such as ESPN, CNN, Bloomberg and more
- Sling TV is compatible with Roku, Apple TV, computers, mobiles and many more devices
- The platform also has an extensive on-demand library, with more than 70,000 titles available
- Comes with 70 channels
- The standard subscription plan costs $50 per month
- Provides over eight premium entertainment and sports channels
- Simultaneous device streaming is available
- Unlimited Cloud DVR storage
- Supports multiple user accounts per subscription
- Comes with a 14 day free trial
- Compatible with many top streaming devices
- Works with voice control