CNN is a renowned American news channel that is owned by the CNN company. This channel was founded back in 1980 as a 24 hour cable news channel by media proprietor Ted Turner. Upon its inception, it was the first television channel to provide 24-hour news coverage. Notably, it was also the first television channel in the United States to provide exclusively news coverage.
CNN primarily broadcasts from 30 Hudson Yards in New York City, as well as from studios in Washington D.C and Los Angeles. There is also the CNN Center in Atlanta, but that is only used for weekend broadcasting.
The network is well known as a service which provides its audience with breaking news from all over the world. The network is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with dedicated individuals who are passionate about journalism. CNN’s digital platform delivers news from journalists that come from every corner of the globe.
This network is seen by many as the one channel you should have if you want to stay in the loop on what is going on around the world. It provides snippets of what is going on everywhere, as well as hard-hitting journalism and breaking news that is bound to interest every viewer.
Those outside the US can view programming via CNN International, and this content is available in more than 212 countries. CNN US is available in Canada, selected Caribbean islands and Japan – so it’s safe to say this news coverage is far-reaching.
The weekday programming schedule for CNN primarily comprises rolling news, topics covered in depth and specific programs at certain hours – such as early morning news, late afternoon coverage and an evening show with highlights from the day.
How to Stream CNN Without Cable
- This platform offers over 50 live channels as well as more than 50,000 movies and episodes on-demand
- Sling’s most basic package starts at $20/month
- CNN is part of both the Blue and Orange packages that Sling offers
- You can stream Sling TV on various devices
- With the Blue package, users can stream on up to 3 devices at once
- 10 hours of DVR storage and an on-demand library are included
- FuboTV is a good choice for those who want access to a range of sports channels
- CNN is one of the channels that FuboTV carries and you do not have to pay extra for CNN – it is part of the base package
- With FuboTV, users gain access to between 80 and over 100 channels
- The most basic package starts at $54.99 per month
- FuboTV can be streamed on essentially all devices
- The platform lets users stream on two devices at once
- Subscribers can add further simultaneous streaming device options to their plan
- There are 30 hours of Cloud DVR storage available
- FuboTV has an on-demand library on offer for all subscribers
- There is one simple package available, which costs $54.99 per month
- There are over 60 channels available, including CNN
- You can stream Hulu Live TV on many compatible devices
- The default subscription provides 2 simultaneous streams
- Unlimited screens are available for an additional $9.99 per month
- 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage are available as a default
- Subscribers can benefit from the on-demand Hulu content library
- This streaming service provides a number of different package options
- The most basic package starts at $65/month and provides you with 40+ channels
- CNN is part of the beginner package, so those on a budget won’t miss out
- AT&T TV Now can be streamed on two screens at once
- There are many compatible devices available
- 20 hours of Cloud DVR storage is provided, with an expiry time frame of 30 days
- There are 40,000 titles available on demand with this platform
- This streaming service is available to over 80% of the US population
- It has only one package, keeping options simple and streamlined
- Pricing is just $49.99 per month, providing subscribers with a total of over 70 channels
- This streaming service is compatible with most devices
- You can stream YouTube TV on up to 3 devices at once
- Benefit from 9 months of unlimited Cloud DVR storage
- Users can create 6 profiles per user account – and each one is entitled to its own DVR storage allowance
- YouTube TV also provides an on-demand library for users to browse