E! is short for Entertainment Television. This cable TV channel is owned by NBCUniversal Television, the streaming division of NBCUniversal. It was initially released under the name Movietime, first coming into existence in July 1987.
To begin with, the channel provided a variety of movies, entertainment shows, interactive contests and special events. Over time, the channel has had a number of famous hosts, such as Katie Wagner, Suzanne Kay, Richard Blade, Sam Rubin, Greg Kinnear and Mark DeCarlo.
In 2016, statistics showed that E! is available in over 92 million homes across the United States.
While E! is a TV channel that offers entertainment programming, they also have a news offering called E! News which has been around since September 1991. The program features gossip and stories about celebrities, plus news about actors, artists, singers, and those in the world of television.
E! is a channel which is famous for its live broadcasts on the red carpet, along with the discussions it facilitates with stars who are in attendance at the Academy Awards, Golden Globe Awards and Primetime Emmy Awards.
One particularly famous show is hosted by Joan Rivers. This star began the famous Fashion Police show in 2010, which has helped her to maintain her position as a highly regarded fashion critic.
There are other kinds of titles produced by E! For example, viewers will also find biographies or serial documentaries, the most well- known of which is E! True Hollywood Story. E! Investigates is also part of the channel’s diverse offering, and this show is intended for all ages. It looks into the stories of criminals, the prostitution of young people, premature pregnancies and more.
In recent years, E! has become particularly successful and well known for its reality show series. From Keeping Up with the Kardashians to Total Divas, these top titles have solidified the channel’s position as one of the best options in the entertainment streaming sector.
Lastly, E! also comes with comedy programming. Some examples include The Late-Night Talk Show Chelsea Lately, hosted by Chelsea Handler, and The Soup, which is based on the show Talk Soup, which aired between 1991 and 2002.
How to Stream E! Without Cable
- Came into existence in 2015, making it the first service on the streaming market
- The most basic package starts from just $30/month and provides over 32 channels
- 10 hours of Cloud DVR storage are available
- Compatible with many devices, including Android, iOS, Apple TV and Roku
- There are over 70000 on-demand titles available to stream
- All US states can access a subscription to Sling TV
- You can watch over 90 channels, with prices starting at just $55 / month
- Local channels available, with many titles streaming in 4K
- Compatible with most devices that allow streaming
- Up to 30 hours of Cloud DVR storage available as standard
- Upgrade to 500 hours of Cloud DVR storage for just $10
- Sports lovers can choose from over 30 sports channels
- Make use of the Start Over feature if you miss the beginning of a show or movie
- One subscription is available, providing 76+ channels for just $54.99/month
- Available for numerous streaming devices, including Apple TV, macOS and Fire TV
- Live news channels available, such as MSNBC, Fox News and CNN
- More than 65 live sports or entertainment channels on offer
- Premium channels such as Cinemax and HBO are available
- Up to 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage are available
- Users can cancel the subscription at any time
- Basic subscription starts at just $50/month
- Many sports channels are available, like Fox Sports, ESPN and more
- Unlimited Cloud DVR storage which saves titles for 9 months
- Free 14 day trial for new subscribers
- Each user account has functionality to add six different profiles