FOX Business (also known as FOX Business Network) is an American business news TV channel. It is owned by FOX News Media, which is a division of the FOX Corporation, and it was founded in 2007. Its original name was set to be FOX Business Channel, but the abbreviation FBC was already in use for FOX Broadcasting Network. Therefore, the name FOX Business was chosen as an alternative.
The channel was created by the Chairman of News Corporation, Rupert Murdoch, and was launched as a direct competitor to the channel CNBC. It promised to be more business friendly, focusing on world business, stock markets, and currencies. The primary aim of this channel is to keep viewers informed on all the latest business developments as they happen. The network broadcasts 24 hours a day and is available in other countries such as Australia, the UK, Italy, India, and Israel.
By February 2015, FOX Business was accessible to more than 74 million US households, which accounts for more than 63% of households with a television.
FOX Business has several long-term anchors, including Cheryl Casone, Maria Bartiromo, Stuart Varney, David Asman, and Dagen McDowell, all of whom have also appeared on FOX News.
One of the channel’s most popular programs was The Opening Bell, which was an early morning show previewing the day ahead for Wall Street. It was watched by millions of Americans and viewers around the world with a keen eye for global business, and offered analysis and predictions, as well as showing the first 30 minutes of trading on Wall Street. Despite being a highly watched program, The Opening Bell ended in January 2010 and became a part of the program Imus in the Morning.
FOX Business is primarily a business channel, but it occasionally serves as an overflow for other FOX channels. For instance, there is a great deal of news coverage, particularly during the US Presidential elections. There have also been occasions where sports games have been shown on FOX Business when the company’s primary sports channels are being used for other mainstream events. In 2017, a college football game between Baylor and Oklahoma State was broadcast live on FOX Business.
Initially, FOX Business struggled to keep up with its main competitor, CNBC, and had only 10% of its rival’s viewers. However, FOX Business soon evolved, surpassing CNBC for nine consecutive months in 2017 and ultimately becoming the leading business channel in America. Some of its most highly rated shows are The Evening Edit with Elizabeth MacDonald and Lou Dobbs Tonight. The top viewer demographic for 4 of the 5 top-rated programs on FOX Business is affluent, educated males in the 25 to 54 age group.
How to Stream FOX Business Without Cable
- Plans start at $20 a month
- Offers up to 32 channels, including FOX News and NBC
- Available everywhere in the US
- 10 hours of Cloud DVR available
- No contract required
- Basic package costs $54.99 a month
- Offers 109 channels and more than 30,000 live sporting events each year
- Up to 500 hours of Cloud DVR available
- Accessible on desktop or mobile devices
- Multiple add-on options
- Monthly plan costs $54.99
- Up to 60 channels available
- Up to 200 hours of Cloud DVR
- Produces its own individual content, including titles such as The Handmaid’s Tale
- Available in both the US and Japan
- HD quality resolution
- Plans available from $49.99 a month
- Up to 65 channels available
- 7-day free trial
- App available for mobile devices with Android or iOS operating systems
- Over 40,000 titles in the650 on-demand library
- Compatible with Google Assistant voice control
- Standard subscription is $49.99 a month
- Unlimited 24/7 streaming
- More than 70 channels
- Unlimited DVR available
- HD resolution
- Programmable recording function