FXX is an American cable TV channel which is operated by FX Networks. The setup is owned by Walt Disney Television. This channel is the sister channel of FX, and it was launched in September 2013 as a replacement for the Fox Soccer channel. The channel’s headquarters is based in Los Angeles, California.
More than 86 million US households currently receive channel FXX, which accounts for almost 94% of households with cable television. Notably, FXX once held the record for the longest-running marathon in television history. During a 12-day period, the channel broadcast every episode (552 in total) from the first 25 seasons of The Simpsons. Furthermore, they also broadcast The Simpsons Movie in this timeframe. Following the marathon, FXX became known as ‘The Home of The Simpsons’. The record was subsequently broken by a 433-hour Saturday Night Live marathon on VH1 less than a year later.
FXX mainly focuses on original and acquired comedy series and feature films. The two most-watched comedy shows which are shown on FXX are Dave, a story of a rapper and DJ, and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, an irreverent sitcom about a group of friends who own a bar in the city. Some of its acquired content includes popular animated series like Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers.
Viewing figures for FXX can vary wildly, depending on which programs are showing. The average number of viewers at any one time for the channel is 217,000. However, during season one of Dave, the figure jumped to 4.8 million viewers. This represents a staggering increase of 2112%.
FXX appeals to viewers of all ages, but the 18 to 49 demographic is primarily targeted. Impressively, FXX has an even distribution of male and female viewers. The median age of TV viewers has increased during the last decade and this can be attributed to more people living for longer, so the median age of an American TV viewer is now 37.6 years. In comparison, the median age of an FXX viewer is just 28. This is five years more than youth-based music networks such as MTV, but it still makes FXX one of the youngest destinations for program-based network television.
How to Stream FXX Without Cable
- Plans start from $20 a month
- Includes up to 32 channels
- Offers news and sports channels such as Bloomberg and ESPN
- Available on multiple platforms, including Fire TV, Roku, desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices and more
- More than 70,000 on-demand videos available
- No contract needed
- Plans start from $54.99 a month
- Up to 500 hours of Cloud DVR storage
- 109 channels offered in the basic package
- Works on multiple platforms, including Fire TV and mobile devices
- Add-ons available to customize the streaming experience
- Multiple sports channels available
- Subscription cost is $54.99 a month
- 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage available
- Unlimited access to the Hulu on-demand streaming library
- 60+ channels available
- HD-quality viewing
- Keep kids safe with limited viewing in kids’ mode
- Plans begin at $49.99 a month
- Offers 65 or more channels
- 500GB Cloud DVR storage offered
- Google Assistant voice control is compatible
- Over 40,000 titles available in the on-demand library
- Strong focus on regional sports availability
- Standard subscription costs $49.99 a month
- 70+ channels available
- Offers 8 premium channels such as HBO, HBO Max and STARZ
- Unlimited Cloud DVR recording storage
- View content in HD quality
- Programmable recording options