Nick at Nite is a popular American TV channel that broadcasts over the Nickelodeon network at night. The running time is typically between 8 PM and 7 AM (ET). This channel started out as a programming block on Nickelodeon in 1985, broadcasting a combination of movies, sitcoms and drama series. Some of the classics include A Star is Born (1937) and The Red House (1947).
Nick at Nite changed the color of the logo in 2006 from blue to orange to match Nickelodeon. Then 2007 saw the Nick at Nite network introduce the “splat” logo that Nickelodeon had been using for a long time. Nick at Nite is available via Nickelodeon in over 92 million households across the United States.
At Nick at Nite, the programming schedule is always varied. For example, some syndicated comedy series are rebroadcast after originally premiering in the early 1990s or mid-2010s. The block previously produced original programs like Instant Mom or See Dad Run. Usually, they were run on Nickelodeon, because Nick at Nite doesn’t have a video on-demand service.
Traditionally, Nick at Nite is known for its adult-oriented programming that runs at night, after children go to sleep. Some popular examples of shows which aired during the 1990s include I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch and The Munsters. The most famous movies are Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2, Pretty in Pink, Baby’s Day Out, The Nutty Professor, Jurassic Park, The Parent Trap and Legally Blonde.
Many of the films which aired were a real success with viewers. Therefore, in 2012 the network made the decision to begin broadcasting them weekly – mostly on Sunday evenings. In 2013, they changed their programming schedule again and began broadcasting movies on Thursdays from 08:00 PM. In 2017, Nick at Nite aired them on Friday instead. In the evenings, when CMT would air Nashville episodes, Nick at Nite would broadcast the episode an hour later in an attempt to raise its ratings and viewership.
In 2019, Nick at Night premiered its first simulcast of the MTV Video Music Awards. Furthermore, December of that year saw the network broadcast a marathon of episodes from Friends to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
How to Stream Nick at Nite Without Cable
- The standard package costs only $49.99/month
- Up to 500 hours of content can be saved via Cloud DVR for 3 months
- The Plus package costs $64.99/month, featuring both HBO and Nick at Nite
- Setup is simple and the user interface is easy to navigate
- HBO Max is included in the standard package
- Full refunds can be offered within the first 14 days
- One basic plan at just $20/month, making it a popular choice for streamers on a budget
- Over 50 channels are included – with Nick at Nite being one of them
- Features an extensive on-demand library with lifestyle and entertainment shows
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- Up to three devices can stream from the same account at once
- Offers a 7 day free trial for new subscribers
- Both live TV streaming and a vast on-demand library are included with all subscriptions
- Nike at Nite is included, as are many sports channels which are hard to find
- Up to 2 devices can stream content at once
- Enjoy over 90 channels
- Make the most of 30 hours of Cloud DVR storage with a standard plan