To watch movies and shows on Firestick, try Amazon Prime Video free now.
The service has been hotly anticipated for months now, and it launched overnight for US fans so it would be available from May 27, 2020.
However, fans are now wondering if the new streaming platform is available on their Amazon Fire devices, particularly their Firestick.
The list of compatible devices is listed in the HBO Max Help Center. These are:
- Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (with iOS 12.2 or later)
- Android phone and tablets (with Android OS 5 or later)
- PC with Windows 7 or later
- Mac with macOS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Google Chromebooks
- The latest version of Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge for Windows
- Safari version 10 or later
- Android TV (with Android OS 5 or later)
- Most Sony Android TVs (2016 models and later)
- AT&T Streaming TV box
- Apple TV
- Apple TV (4th gen or later) with the latest tvOS software.
- If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd gen), stream via Chromecast, Airplay or HDMI cable
- PlayStation 4
- Samsung TV (2016 models and later). If your device is not compatible, stream via Chromecast, Airplay or HDMI cable
- Xbox One
- HDMI cable
You may notice that Amazon Fire devices are not included in this list. This is because Amazon and HBO Max have not concluded negotiations on device support.
In the meantime, you can try streaming to your Fire TV or smart TV using Chromecast or Airplay. You can use your phone or mobile device version of HBO Max to project streams onto your TV. This may involve purchasing an extra device, but unfortunately this is the way it will be until the supported devices are updated.