BET, also known as the Black Entertainment Television Channel, caters to about 75.8 percent of the African American population in the United States. In total, this amounts to an estimated 88,255,000 people. This channel is a prominent branch of the ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks unit.
With various movies and original television series on offer, this channel is most widely available in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York. The channel was started in 1980 and mostly offered music genres. However, it wasn’t long before it started providing news and talk shows as well. It has been adding more categories over the years, and now it boasts partnerships with many top players in the industry.
Back in the 80s, when this channel was launched, it would only feature music videos and sitcom reruns. Today, though, you can find a huge variety of genres. From stand-up comedies to music, news, and occasional talk shows, the channel has everything. When it comes to music, there are mainly rap, hip-hop, and R&B music videos played on this channel.
The most famous and top-rated shows on the BET channel are The Game, The Quad, and College Hill. These shows are not only popular among African American viewers but also with other demographics as well.
How to Stream BET Without Cable
If you want to watch your favorite BET programs, but don’t have a cable subscription, you can check out these live streaming packages and find the best deal for your needs.
- A fixed cost of $45 per month for the Sling Orange + Blue package and $30 for either the Orange or Blue standalone packages
- Stream live TV as it airs on primetime channels with cable subscriptions
- Enjoy ViacomCBS channels and content that will help to expand your child’s knowledge, with options including the History Channel, Investigation Discovery and Food Network
- Make the most of a seven day free trial
- Cater to a monthly budget with a low price and over 50 channels included
- Watch live sports with a range of channels available to choose from
- Stream with the standard package at just $54.99 per month, which includes over 100 channels on a regional, national or international level
- Benefit from a well designed and intuitive user interface to navigate with ease
- Watch shows in a smooth 720p resolution
- Enjoy an easy to use DVR function, with rewind and record, plus over 30 hours of storage available
- Users can easily sign in on both desktop and mobile devices with the handy app
- Updates on upcoming live shows are on the landing page so you never miss out on anything new
- Enjoy original programs and the most highly demanded television shows and movies
- By paying $80 a month, users can access around 55,000 movies and high-demand shows
- Benefit from 500 hours of cloud DVR recording
- Three users can watch live at the same time
- There are multiple packages to choose from, which are sure to suit any budget
- Browse with the TV app, which is available on Roku, Android TV, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV
- One simple subscription at just $50 per month
- A membership which can be canceled anytime
- The package comprises a multitude of entertainment, lifestyle, sports and more
- New users get a free trial with ad-free streaming and Youtube Music
- A 1080p viewing experience for greater clarity
- Youtube TV brings you top headlines through various news channels such as ABC, CBS, Fox, and more
- Just $20 a month gives you 58 channels to stream on your devices
- Sign up with just your mobile number and begin a week-long free trial
- An easy to use interface which is simple to navigate
- Popular cable networks are available including BBC, Discovery Channel, and more
- Unlimited DVR storage with which you record your favorite shows as often as you like
- Recorded videos last for a month