FXM was launched back in 2000, and it continues to provide top-quality entertainment to millions of households across the United States two decades later. FXM, or ‘FOX Movie Channel’ as it is commonly referred to, is a channel that showcases the very best films in Hollywood. This channel supports movies primarily from three major companies – FOX Film, Twentieth Century Pictures and 20th Century Studios. According to recent statistics, this channel is accessible to almost 50% of households in the USA in 2020.
The range of movies aired by FXM are designed to satisfy a broad audience. While the film companies supported on FXM are relatively modern, there is a good blend of classic and modern-day movies available.
The FOX Movie Channel is purely focused on Hollywood films. FXM displays black and white classics that were originally broadcast between the 1920s and 1980s, as well as some movies in HD for modern-day movie fans. The broadcasting of classic films in the early morning and throughout the day is known on the channel as FXM Retro, and naturally these films appeal to the slightly older demographic. To name a few of the more current and popular movies that this channel supports, FXM shows titles such as Spider-Man: Homecoming, Mission Impossible and The Shallows.
FXM offers two blocks with commercial-free viewing. Between the hours of 3 AM and 3 PM, all movies will be shown without commercial interruption. The movies are chopped and edited to suit the length of the block viewing. Since this is a live TV channel, you cannot actually pick and choose what movies to watch whenever you like. The movies are scheduled by FXM, but fortunately there is a great selection on offer.
While the films available are quite diverse both in terms of their release dates and genres, the same applies to the FXM audience demographic. In other words, the age ranges go from young adults (18 to 25) all the way to seniors aged 60 or over.
While FOX Movie Channel is accessible with a cable TV subscription, it is also available through alternative methods such as streaming packages. A live or on-demand streaming subscription provides viewers with features such as access to top sports channels, free trials, multiple streams and more.
How to Stream FXM Without Cable
- 7-day free trial
- Offers multiple packages, with prices starting from $54.99 a month
- Subscription includes FXM plus 90+ additional channels
- 30 hours of free Cloud DVR available
- Available on Apple TV, Android, Xbox, Roku, Firestick and more
- Ability to stream on 2 devices at once in 1080p
- 7-day free trial which can be cancelled at any time
- Monthly subscription which is priced at $55 a month
- Offers FXM and 50+ top live TV channels
- 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage available
- Accessible on Amazon Fire Stick, Apple, Android, Nintendo, iPhone/iPad and more
- Basic package allows for 2 simultaneous users and 4K Ultra HD
- 7-day free trial
- Offers a joint package with a monthly subscription charge of $50
- Provides access to 45+ channels, including HBO
- 500 hours of Cloud DVR storage included
- Available on Android TV, Apple TV, LG Smart TV, Amazon Fire Stick and more
- Allows up to 3 users to stream at once
- 720p quality resolution
- Available for $50 a month
- Offers 70+ channels including ESPN, Discovery and Syfy
- Up to 3 people can stream at once from the same account
- Unlimited Cloud DVR storage available
- HD quality available on compatible devices
- Devices supported include iPhone/iPad, Android, Xbox and Vizio Smart TV