Pros and Cons
Good range of add-ons. Customers are spoilt for choice with add-ons across sports, family and entertainment.
Focus on sports. Those who want a decent level of coverage across the board will benefit from fuboTV’s generous sports channel offering.
Multiple plans available. Users can choose the plan which suits them best, whether the factors impacting them are budget or channel availability.
The add-ons can add up. While there are many add-ons, these can quickly result in an expensive plan if users aren’t careful.
Technical issues. Some users have reported trouble with logging into the site on either desktop or mobile.
Billing issues. There have been a few complaints that fuboTV has accidentally charged users after a free trial was cancelled.
Genres and channels
Some of the top channels available on fuboTV are Fox News, CBS and NBC, plus TNT, Showtime, AMC, HGTV, CNBC, USA, Bravo, SYFY, E!, Oxygen, Food Network, Lifetime and History Channel.
It’s possible for sports fans to get their fix, as fuboTV offers NFL, NBA and MLB, as well as tennis, MMA, golf, boxing, NASCAR and college sports to name but a few. What’s more, key specials are covered in full, with examples including the Super Bowl, Olympics, World Series and Triple Crown.
Top sports channels include NBC Sports Washington, FS1, NBCSN, NFL Network, BEIN Sports, Pac 12 Networks, TUDN, TVG, Unimas, Fubo Sports Network, Fubo Cycling, Fight Network, Big Ten Network and Tennis Channel.
The entertainment section is incredibly well stocked. Niche interest channels include the Cooking Channel, Game Show Network, Animal Planet, Outside TV and Outdoor Channel. Kids are also catered to, with channels including Cartoon Network, Nick Toons, Nickelodeon, Universal Kids and Nick Jr. For reality fixes, there is TLC, E!, MTV, Bravo, A&E and AMC. Those wanting to enjoy movies can check out Lifetime, Vice, Showtime and more.
News channels on fuboTV include CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, CBSN, Cheddar Business, Fox Business, CNBC World and Newsy.
Top FuboTV shows and movies
90 Day Fiance – American citizens bring their foreign spouses to the US on the K-1 visa, meaning they have 90 days to get married. Will their relationship last as they adjust to life together for the first time?
Better Call Saul – The story of how Jimmy McGill, a small-time attorney, became Saul Goodman. His journey from working with clients on low incomes to working for meth dealer Walter White.
House Hunters – Individuals, families and couples take the plunge and move to a new country. They search for a new home and must decide which of three candidate houses or apartments they will buy or rent.
America’s Got Talent – An American talent show competition which is the US branch of the Got Talent franchise Simon Cowell set up. Acts include singing, comedy, dancing, magic, variety, stunts and more.
Live PD – Follows police officers live as they go on patrols and respond to various calls with American citizens. Law enforcement agencies across the United States are filmed.
The Masked Singer – A reality singing competition series where celebrities sing famous songs while wearing costumes. Panellists must guess who the performer is after they sing.
Jersey Shore: Family Vacation – A reality TV series which focuses on housemates from the original Jersey Shore who go on vacation together and experience various levels of drama.
This Is Us – A family comedy drama TV series which has the lives and families of two parents and their children across several time frames as the central focus.
NCIS – A team of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service look into a number of crimes which are punishable according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice with confinement of over a year within the Department of the Navy.
When a user is browsing the content library on fuboTV, they will be presented with a menu which offers them a number of choices. These are laid out in rows, as you will find with Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney Plus and many other streaming services.
The menu along the top lets the user quickly navigate to Sports, Series, Movies, Guide or My Library. There is also a search bar for finding a specific title, and the user’s name is in the top right corner. Clicking on the name will enable a drop down menu which includes navigating to account settings.
Live TV is typically shown along the top of the screen, and the channels which are airing the highlighted show are indicated in boxes. The amount of time which has elapsed is also indicated, along with the date or season and episode number, plus the episode title.
Titles are then organised into categories such as News, Sports and Entertainment, with top picks that are either live or up next being focused on. To view a full schedule, click on Guide and browse through the listings as you would with any TV guide. Options include jumping to shows up next, what’s on tonight or shows airing tomorrow night.
As of February 2020, fuboTV offers limited events in 4K as a beta. All users who access fuboTV with a compatible device will be able to view these events. While some events will show in 4K, others could require a display that is compatible with HDR10.
There is a schedule of events which is streamlined to only include those available in 4K, or users can see which channels are in this resolution by looking for the label on the logo while browsing through the Guide or Sports screens.
4K is also available on-demand, and this can be accessed by going to the Home screen on the Fubo app, then clicking through to the 4K on demand carousel. The minimum internet speed suggested is 25Mbps.
There is a help center available with fuboTV, which comprises a searchable database of commonly asked questions. Top questions are highlighted under the search bar, followed by sections such as About FuboTV, Using FuboTV, Channels & Packages, Manage My Account and Fix An Issue.
Alternatively, there is a phone number available to call between 9am and 10pm ET, a support Twitter and functionality to leave a message online.
You can try out the services offered with fuboTV for seven days before deciding if you’d like to continue with a subscription. If you decide you don’t want to pay for a package, you can cancel your account easily. However, if you can get your entertainment fix with fuboTV, then let the trial expire and move on to a paid bundle. FuboTV will contact you the day before your trial is set to expire to remind you about it, in case you want to cancel, which is a nice touch.
Plans and pricing
There are a number of packages to choose from with FuboTV. The basic package is Fubo Standard, which is priced at $54.99 a month. Referred to as the classic base package, it features 101 channels with over 130 events in 4K, 30 hours of space on Cloud DVR and 2 screens at once.
The Ultra package is $79.99 a month, and there are several benefits to enjoy. These include 163 channels with over 130 events in 4K, 500 hours of space on Cloud DVR Plus, Fubo Extra, Sports Plus and Showtime (you can read more about premium channels below).
The Family plan is $59.99 a month. Subscribers gain access to 101 channels with over 130 events in 4k, 500 hours of space on Cloud DVR Plus and 3 screens at once with Family Share. Finally, the Family Plan with Showtime is $64.99 a month. This bundle includes 131 channels with over 130 events in 4k, 500 hours of space with Cloud DVR Plus, 3 screens at once with Family Share and Fubo Extra, which provides access to 30 entertainment channels.
With fuboTV, there are two upgraded features available to add on to your package. With Cloud DVR Plus, you can boost your space to 500 hours, meaning you can record and save all the games, shows and movies you want and keep them for an unlimited time without having to delete them. This add-on costs $9.99 a month. If you go for the Family Share add-on, this costs $5.99 a month and allows you to let three people in the family stream the services at once.
There are also several premium channels available with fuboTV. Here’s the rundown:
- Showtime ($10.99 a month): This set allows you access to 9 channels such as Showtime Extreme, Showtime Beyond, Showtime Women and Showtime Family. You can watch original series, boxing, blockbuster movies and more. The entire on-demand library is also available.
- AMC Premiere ($4.99 a month): Enjoy the latest episodes without ads, plus full seasons to binge on, bonus content, original series and a collection of uncut movies.
- Fubo Cycling ($11.99 a month): Enjoy live coverage of Giro d’Italia, Flanders Classic and other popular events. There are five additional networks with top quality sports free as part of the bundle, and you can get International Sports Plus without paying any extra.
- International Sports Plus ($5.99 a month): If you’re a fan of international sports, this add-on is for you. With channels such as Fox Soccer Sports, TyC Sports and GOLTV Spanish, you can get live coverage of all the essentials.
- Fubo Extra ($5.99 a month): Enjoy 30 extra channels, which allows you access to movies, news, music and sports. Ideal for the whole family, get the Cooking Channel, BBC World News, Game Show Network and more.
- Adventure Plus ($4.99 a month): There are six channels of extreme sports, vehicles and other various outdoor activities to watch coverage of with this bundle, with channels including Sportsman Channel, Outdoor Channel and Outside TV.
- Latino Plus ($7.99 a month): Spanish-language live sports can be enjoyed with this package, along with shows, documentaries and movies.
- RAI Italia ($7.99 a month): Italian-speaking subscribers will be able to make the most of matches such as Coppa Italia and Serie A, plus watch shows, movies and news.
- Portuguese Plus ($14.99 a month): Get your fix of Portuguese-language news, sports and entertainment, with GOITV Spanish thrown in for good measure.
- Sports Plus with NFL RedZone ($10.99 a month): Make the most of a sports bundle which combines the best NCAA games, NFL RedZone from NFL Network and a number of prime channels with varied sports coverage.
- Entretenimiento Plus ($4.99 a month): With channels such as Bandamax and Antena 3, subscribers can enjoy Lucha underground, music, movies and more content from countries like Spain and Mexico. Live and on demand content is available.
There are many brands out there which offer streaming services, and your choice depends a lot on what your viewing preferences are. If you like to focus on movies and on demand content, you could go for a well-known name such as Netflix or Amazon Prime Video. But if you want access to the channels seen with traditional TV, you are better off choosing a service such as fuboTV or one of its competitors. If you want to focus more on sports, options include ESPN Plus and NHL.TV.
Is FuboTV worth it?
It’s clear that fuboTV offers a solid streaming service, with many packages and add-ons available so you can customise a subscription to precisely fit your needs. The 7 day free trial is a nice plus, as you can try out what is available before making a financial commitment. Unlike cable TV services, you can cancel the subscription if it’s no longer for you, giving you peace of mind when it comes to your finances.
- Click on ‘Menu’, located in the top right of the page.
- Click on ‘My Account’, which should be the first option on the drop down list.
- Click on ‘Subscription and Billing’, located on the left hand side.
- Scroll down, then click on ‘Cancel Subscription’.
- Select your reason for cancelling. Reasons include ‘I experienced technical issues’ or ‘You don’t have channels I want’.
- Click ‘Cancel my trial’ when a popup appears asking if you’re sure you want to lose access to fuboTV.
- If you have paid for a month of service, your subscription will end once the current billing period is over.
- Navigate to the fuboTV site or download the fuboTV app.
- Click on Sign In.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Alternatively, use the options to sign in with Facebook or Google.
- Start streaming.
This function does not appear to be available at present.
If you cancel your subscription to FuboTV and want to start it again in the future, you can do so by signing in using your old account details and selecting a plan to sign up for.
Those who cancel their subscription part way through a billing cycle will not be able to get a refund on their service. Instead, the subscription will expire at the end of the cycle. To remove an add-on from a subscription, contact customer service.
There are a number of live TV streaming services available. These include Hulu Live TV, Sling TV and AT&T TV Now.
FuboTV is only available in locations where the service has rolled out. However, downloaded offline content can be watched from anywhere.
- Navigate to the homepage and click on ‘Start your free trial’.
- Enter your postal code. If your location can be detected by your device, this will be entered automatically, and you can change it if it’s incorrect.
- Enter your email and create a password. Make it difficult to guess, which means including a mixture of letters, numbers and special characters.
- Be aware that pressing ‘Continue’ means you agree to the terms and conditions, and agree to receive promotional emails – then click the icon.
- Choose a package. You can go for Fubo Standard, Ultra, Family or Family Deluxe. The benefits of each package will be listed, so you know what’s included. If you’re a new customer, you will be able to watch 7 days free with no commitment and the option to cancel anytime.
- Add premium channels or upgraded features.
- Enter your card details and click on ‘Start watching fuboTV’ to process the payment and complete your purchase. You now have access to your selected library of content.