Watch TV shows and movies free on Firestick with Amazon Prime Video now.
However, fans have been disappointed to see that their Firestick and Fire TV devices are not compatible with the new streaming services.
This is because Amazon and HBO are still in negotiations to sort compatibility, but in the meantime there is a way to stream HBO Max on your device.
By bypassing your Fire TV device and using your phone or tablet with a compatible smart TV, non-smart TV with a HDMI input port or games console with Airplay or Chromecast, you can still stream HBO Max content on larger screens.
Here are the steps to take for Chromecast:
- Install the HBO Max app on your phone or tablet.
- Ensure your mobile device or tablet is connected to a WiFi network.
- Ensure your smart TV (which needs Chromecast built in) or TV with a Chromecast plugged in is connected to the same WiFi network.
- Tap the Cast button within the HBO Max app.
- Tap on the device you want to cast to.
- The Cast button will change color when you are connected.
- Now you can cast HBO Max streams to your TV without Firestick!
These are the compatible devices with HBO Max:
- Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (with iOS 12.2 or later)
- Android phone and tablets (with Android OS 5 or later)
- PC with Windows 7 or later
- Mac with macOS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Google Chromebooks
- The latest version of Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge for Windows
- Safari version 10 or later
- Android TV (with Android OS 5 or later)
- Most Sony Android TVs (2016 models and later)
- AT&T Streaming TV box
- Apple TV
- Apple TV (4th gen or later) with the latest tvOS software.
- If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd gen), stream via Chromecast, Airplay or HDMI cable
- PlayStation 4
- Samsung TV (2016 models and later). If your device is not compatible, stream via Chromecast, Airplay or HDMI cable
- Xbox One
- HDMI cable