Watch top HBO titles with HBO Now.
HBO Max is live in the US as of May 27, which means fans can watch classic titles such as Friends and the Harry Potter franchise.
The main point of confusion for subscribers has been which devices are compatible with the service.
Currently, Amazon devices – including setups such as Amazon Fire TV – and Roku are not compatible with the streamer.
For those who are able to sign in using their TV, here is a step by step guide.
- Navigate to hbomax.com/tvsignin
- Go to log in on your TV or other device.
- Enter the six digit code which appears on your TV/other device into hbomax.com/tvsignin.
- Fill in the details for your new profile.
- Click on Create.
- Click on Account.
- Click on Add password.
- Use your new password to sign in on your TV or other device.
The full list of compatible devices is as follows:
- Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (with iOS 12.2 or later)
- Android phone and tablets (with Android OS 5 or later)
- PC with Windows 7 or later
- Mac with macOS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Google Chromebooks
- The latest version of Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge for Windows
- Safari version 10 or later
- Android TV (with Android OS 5 or later)
- Most Sony Android TVs (2016 models and later)
- AT&T Streaming TV box
- Apple TV
- Apple TV (4th gen or later) with the latest tvOS software.
- If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd gen), stream via Chromecast, Airplay or HDMI cable
- PlayStation 4
- Samsung TV (2016 models and later). If your device is not compatible, stream via Chromecast, Airplay or HDMI cable
- Xbox One
- HDMI cable